A virus called WannaCry continues to spread around the world this week, after the initial damage inflicted on healthcare organisations in Europe on Friday.
If you are a Managed Service client of ours DON’T BE CONCERNED as you are automatically protected from this threat by the following means:
- Webroot Anti-Virus Software. (More information)
- Latest Windows updates have been applied to all managed workstations.
- Back-ups of all critical data.
In addition to the above it is essential you continue to advise staff on the importance of not opening email attachments from unknown senders.
If you are NOT a Managed Service client here are some steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Check your anti-virus provider can detect the virus, if it can’t look at moving to Webroot.
- Make sure your Windows updates have all been deployed especially if you are running XP, Vista and Server2003.
Click here for the updates that need to be deployed.
- Make sure your data is backed up using image based software like Veem, ShadowProtect and Datto.
Please be aware there will be multiple variants of this threat coming out over the next couple of weeks, the virus is going to evolve as the patches get applied so it is very important you have a system in place that evolves with it.
If you have any questions or need protection, please contact me on 1300 700 187 or view our Managed IT Services.